I’m so excited to write this post honestly because these are always my fave posts to read (and videos to watch). I miss the 2012-2014 era of favourites videos I have to say – why does nobody do them anymore?!
So with that in mind, today’ post is just going to be a little ramble about all of my current (and all-time) favourite media (excluding books).
So that’s shows, music, podcasts, youtubers and of course bloggers! <3.
- How I Met Your Mother I love this show guys. So much. I’m currently rewatching it from Season 6 and I just adore it. It’s one of the only shows (alongside Friends) where I’ve had such an emotional reaction?? I’ve cried so many times at this show honestly.
- Friends Could I BE anymore cliche?
- The Big Bang Theory I don’t watch this one that often but anytime I do I love it. I’m currently on season 11 but have seen all the other episodes so many times. This one just feels really nostalgic for me because I used to watch it all the time!
- The Great British Bake Off
- Derry Girls
- Car Share Another one that’s just really funny. Love Peter Kay. It’s on BBC iPlayer if you’re in the UK!
I kept saying I’d talk about my favourite podcasts and I’m finally putting them in this post!!
I never used to listen to podcasts that much but I’ve been really loving them lately. I actually listen to them more than I listen to music which I never thought I’d say!
If you’ve read any of my latest posts you’ll know that I love the Swish and Flick podcast! They do chapter breakdowns (and discuss other things HP) and I’ve been rereading the books alongside them. I’m currently on Order of the Phoenix (meaning I’m almost caught up with them so it will be weird to have to wait a week for the next episode)!
Those are my top 2 faves that I always listen to, and other faves include:
– Shagged, Married, Annoyed Chris and Rosie Ramsey are so funny together so this one’s great if you want a laugh!
– The Real Reel Podcast For those who are interested in business/entrepreneurship this one is so great for the behind the scenes aspect. It talks a lot about being self-employed, having your own business, city life etc and Natalie interviews such a variety of people.
– The Creative Key This is a fairly new one but the episodes have been good so far! There is a focus on self-love/metal health and it’s been really interesting. I also love the host Laura Medley’s Youtube channel which is how I found her podcast!
– The Wooden Spoon There’s only one season of this podcast but it’s great! The hosts are four UK studytubers (UnJaded Jade, Jack Edwards, Eve Cornwell and Ruby Granger) and so the focus is on student life, productivity, mental health etc.
I am always looking for more podcasts to listen to because I really don’t listen to that many? So if you have recommendations leave them in the comments please!!
I am honestly a musicals person through and through, (anyone else think of Dumbledore?) so my favourite cast recordings are:
- Hamilton (so beyond excited!! for the Disney+ film. I was hoping to see the show again this year but obviously I can’t, so I’m happy that I get to in some format!)
- Dear Evan Hansen (saw this in February which I mentioned in this post but I love it so much. I’m actually wearing the £25 t-shirt I bought at the show right now).
- Newsies (it’s on Disney+ or you can buy the DVD and it’s so so good)
- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie so feel good and happy. Saw this in December and although the cast recording is great it’s definitely better once you’ve seen the show).
Other honourable mentions include: Legally Blonde, Waitress (so gutted I didn’t get to see this before it closed), Six (was going to see it this year too ://) In The Heights (so annoyed the movie got pushed back!!) and Beetlejuice.
I’ve seen bootlegs of all of these (pretty good quality ones too I was impressed) so at least I’ve seen them even though I can’t see them?
Some of my faves include:
You may notice there are hardly any booktubers on here but I am going to try remedy this! I’ve never watched booktube before so send me your faves! <3.
The last category I’m going to finish up with is of course my fave book blogs!! I honestly love so many so it’s really hard to narrow it down, but here are the ones who have been long-time faves since I first started book blogging!
- Cait @ Paper Fury duh. I think Cait was the first book blogger I ever discovered and I just love her aesthetic (I mean just look at her bookstagram) and personality.
- Caitlin Althea Absolutely love Caitlin’s posts! They’re always so original and I love her discussions, + she’s one of the nicest people I’ve spoken to in the blogosphere.
- Lu @ Lu Reads absolutely love Lu and her blog. Her personality always shines through in her writing which makes her posts so fun to read!
- May @ Forever and Everly Probably the second book blog I ever discovered! I always enjoy reading May’s posts and again she has such a strong blogging voice which I love!
- Isla @ A Whisper Of Ink I can’t remember the name of it but I’ve followed Isla since her first book blog and she’s remained a long-time fave! Again I always love reading her posts!
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia Again, her blog has such a cute aesthetic and I always love reading Olivia’s posts!
And that’s it for my fave media – this post was so much fun to write!