Okay so I have a genuine question to ask the universe and that’s HOW THE FRICK IS IT ALREADY SEPTEMBER. HOW.
I genuinely don’t understand how I’m going back to school and that it’s been 2.5 months since I did my exams?? What. The. Frick??
August was a great month. It was super chill but I had a lot of fun and I cried a couple of times too, #GCSEresults so there’s that!! But for now, let’s get on with the recap ;).
August was a good reading month considering I went on holiday but I also didn’t love all the books I read. Which is a shame because the rest of the year has had a high average rating each month.
• Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Abertalli
★★★★★ I will forever love this book honestly. It has my heart <3.<3. Oh this was also a reread because when do I ever not reread :).
• Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins ★★★☆☆ (3 stars) What do you know, another reread!! How!! Exciting!! But also not because this wasn’t like I remembered it and I rolled my eyes a lot because insta-love!! The pace felt really off for me so I didn’t love it but. Whatever. It’s cool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
• This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★ Another reread let’s go!! This is one of my all-time fave fantasies and cinnamon rolls Kate & August have my heart. I was planning on rereading Our Dark Duet but I forgot I found it kind of gory cause I’m a wimp, so decided not to :))
• Save the Date by Morgan Matson ★★★☆☆ (3(.5?)) I’m kind of sad that I didn’t love this one because I loved The Unexpected Everything & Since You’ve Been Gone so I’m disappointed? Charlie was just so!! Annoying!! Like, the whole family’s treatment of Brooke really frustrated me & I get Charlie misses her family being together but she just wound me up. & How blind she was about Jesse!! What he was looking for was just so obvious?? But in good news, each character was well-written and I was still invested the whole way through. Matson’s books are definitely binge-worthy for me!
• Read 4 books ✓ Just got this one thank goodness. And I have actually started a 5th (Pride & Prejudice).
• Write 5 blog posts ✓✓ Yes!! I posted 5 and have actually written 7 so very much so!
• Buy my sixth form stationery ✓ What a fake goal but yes. I’ve bought pens, highlighters, binders, notebooks, more pens. I had a great time.
• Results day & be happy with my results ✓✓✓ YES YES YES. Results Day I feel like could have been the happiest day ever just because I was so insanely overwhelmed and surprised?? My results were so much more than I expected and I predicted really badly – especially in English Lit where I got a 9 (A**) but felt like I flopped the exam so badly and thought I’d get a 5 (C). So was so!! So!! Happy!! I’ve genuinely never experienced happy tears before but I did that day and it was great.
• Take lots of photos/videos ✓ ✕ I feel like I failed this on the photo front because I was so focused on my video that I barely remembered about photos ://. I did get some nice ones though and I rediscovered VSCO so it’s good. I really love the little holiday video/vlog I did and it’s so fun to watch back! Won’t be sharing here though because it has me & my family in :). Also I realise the one on the left looks kind of wonky and I’ve only just noticed now which does annoy me a little bit I won’t lie.
• Read 3 books As I am starting school again (A-Levels?!?!) in September, I don’t know how many books I’ll be able to read, so I’m setting the bar pretty low. Especially as my current read is Pride and Prejudice which is a long one!
• Schedule blog posts Again, because of school, I want to make sure I have posts scheduled so even if I’m super busy and don’t have as much time to blog hop/write, I still have some going up. That’s my aim especially for the rest of the break so I can make sure I have content!!
• Publish 4 blog posts Hopefully more but school could get in the way so who knows. I already have one more scheduled so that’s 2 already ;).
• Cope with A-levels I really don’t know what it will be like which is making me super nervous but A-Levels are obviously more important than GCSEs and I really want to smash them!
- Taylor Swift released her new album ‘Lover‘ which is incredible!! My favourites are probably Cruel Summer, London Boy and Paper Rings. But I just adore the whole album??
- GCSE Results day as I mentioned. A crazy, now very blurry day, but am so happy with my results!
- Went on holiday to Poland for 2 weeks (Krákow and Warsaw) and both cities were so nice! It was so interesting and despite the sad history surrounding both, it was still an amazing trip and I had the best time. My highlight was probably the Salt Mines because even though I was so anxious before hand (me and not having an easy escape route outside do not mesh, so me and going underground (or heights) aren’t fab), once I was actually down all those stairs it was fine? It was really incredible how big the mines were and it really didn’t feel like I was 327m below ground.
- I am starting A-Levels this week (on Wednesday wow) and it’s so weird to think I’m going back this week after 2.5 months off?? It’s going to be a massive shock haha.
- My friend also opened up a RedBubble shop which is cool! I’m thinking of ordering a phone case but I’m not sure which design to get because they’re all so cute!
Anywho! That was my August in a nutshell, I hope you enjoyed reading this?? I’m looking forward to what September brings – so crazy that there are only 4 more months left of 2019?!